This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Manuallly romeving Malware alerts

why cant just this be done from my sophos central environment... I imagine it will be easy using sophos cetral to either quarantine or take them out of the quarantine state remotely. My main issue is that I have over 400 machines and is real difficult to attend for examples 20+machines with this error:Running malware in quarantine or cleanup failure. Why can't I just go thru sophos central admin and do the work need it on the machine remotely so multiple machines can be done at a time

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Just trying to clarify-

You want to give Sophos Central the ability to allow an end user to use the management console to remotely make file level changes to any system within the management console?

That scares me!  I like Sophos I do, but if anyone ever got into Sophos Central with the right credentials they could essentially do what they want to whatever they want.

Or maybe I am miss understanding.

Respectfully, 

Badrobot

• Hi  

I believe we currently do not have any such options to access the client machines from the Central console. If you are seeing these alerts from the Majority of the clients, I would suggest you to contact our support. However, please check if any of the following helps in resolving the alerts.

> Reboot the client machine once.
    > Full Scan on the reported client machine.
    > Resolve the alerts in the central console (If you have any).
    > Sophos clean scan (If the alert is still seen after the full scan)
    > Confirm if the file is still present in the actual folder location.

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.