This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issues with Sophos Network Threat Protection service after the past 3 Insider Builds.

I've noticed after moving to the Windows Insider program each time a new release is out and installed.  After the restart, the Sophos Network Threat Protection service won't start.  The only way to fix it is to turn off Tamper Protection and reinstall the Sophos Central agent.   Has anyone else ran into this issue?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

Sophos Endpoint running on Windows insider builds is not supported as those versions of Windows are not meant for global release. 

My 2 cents on why it might not work- Sophos Network Threat Protection service depends on a few system components: Base Filtering Engine service, Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service and sntp.sys driver. Here, 2 out of the 3 components are Windows components and in insider previews, it might happen so that those Windows services might not play well with our service or vice-versa. So, upon reinstalling, it works out just fine which suggests that Sophos Network Threat Protection component might need to reregister its components with Windows. 

Thanks,
    Yashraj Singha
    Manager | Global Community Support
    Are you a Sophos Partner? | Product Documentation | @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question, please use the "Verify Answer" button.
    The New Home of Sophos Support Videos!  Visit Sophos Techvids
  • I kind of figured it wasn't supported, but I also assumed Sophos would be testing these builds too just in case when it is finally released this doesn't happen to everyone.

It's at least good to know why it might be failing.  Thanks again.

Reply Children
No Data