This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Service NTP doesn't install \ is missing

Hello.

I have some problems with ntp64 service in some machines. In other OS's the central installs as well, even in windows 7 x86. The problem is this service, that isn't installs in two or three machines in the company. I am lookin into logs for a few weeks, and I have some doubts in what is causing this problem. I think maybe is some problem with the "AddTrustedPublisher", something that is related to permisisons, maybe. But some logs tells me that I have some problems with unregister libraries (typelib). I looked in almost every part of the community, tried to talk to sophos support, but I have no success with the problems.

Someone have an solution for this case? Thanks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Are you able to provide the install log of this component?  It is MSI based so there will be a MSI log file.

If it's failing when you run the installer it will be under %temp%.

If AutoUpdate is failing to install it, say as part of an update it will be under \windows\temp\

The file name should be obvious it is related to Sophos Network Threat protection.  I don't have one at hand to give a specific name.

Regards,

Jak