This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Central Device Encryption

good morning

Hi guys, I need your help now I'm scheduling the sophos enripcion tool and there are two in which I can manage the enripcion theme:

1. Sophos SafeGuard
2. Sophos Central Device Encryption

I am using the second one (Sophos Central Device Encryption), since it is oriented for administration in the cloud, but I see that bitlocker uses a solution that incorporates windows to be able to encrypt and uses AES 256 algorithm.

I also want to encrypt folders and when I share them by network or when I share them by mail they can be encrypted, I was reading and the option that I think allows this is called "file share" but this option is not found in (Sophos Central Device Encryption ).

with respect to this I have these questions:

1. How safe is bitlocker since it is a windows tool to encrypt ?.
2. Does Sophos not use its own tool to encrypt?
3. Does the file share option if it is used to encrypt folders, if it will be supported for (Sophos Central Device Encryption) that is oriented for administration in the cloud?

regards

Edwin velasco

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi  

Currently, the central Device Encryption only has the option to manage the BitLocker Device Encryption to system volumes and fixed data volumes and it doesn't have file encryption. (You may vote the existing feature request to Add file encryption). Having said that, 

1. How safe is bitlocker since it is a windows tool to encrypt ?.

Windows BitLocker - Security

2. Does Sophos not use its own tool to encrypt?

Sophos Safeguard encryption is only available with the On-premise version.

Disk Encryption:

*Sophos proprietary encryption is used for Windows 7.

* Safeguard uses and manages Windows BitLocker for Windows 8 and above.

3. Does the file share option if it is used to encrypt folders, if it will be supported for (Sophos Central Device Encryption) that is oriented for administration in the cloud?

No, currently this is only supported with the Sophos Safeguard (on-premise) version. As mentioned above you can vote for this feature request for the same.

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.