This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Computers disappeared from computers tab

Hello,

recently all the pc in the Computers' tab of a Customer's console have disappeared, is there a way to recover them using their Endpoint ID to link them back in the Sophos Central Console?

Is there a way to understand how it happened? Oddly, the server is still in the console...

Kind regards

Davide

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello,

I have, on a much lesser scale, have had computers disappear from central, but still be "protected". They still have the application installed, but can't receive any updates and it's not talking to Central anymore.

I was unable to do a normal uninstall as we have tamper protection enabled globally. If it's not reporting in central, I couldn't get the key to take tamper protection off and uninstall it.

The solution is to boot into safe mode, edit registry keys to remove tamper protection, boot normal and uninstall the application and reinstall.

If you do happen to find another solution, I would love to hear it, but this was how I had to add mine back.

• Hello,

I have, on a much lesser scale, have had computers disappear from central, but still be "protected". They still have the application installed, but can't receive any updates and it's not talking to Central anymore.

I was unable to do a normal uninstall as we have tamper protection enabled globally. If it's not reporting in central, I couldn't get the key to take tamper protection off and uninstall it.

The solution is to boot into safe mode, edit registry keys to remove tamper protection, boot normal and uninstall the application and reinstall.

If you do happen to find another solution, I would love to hear it, but this was how I had to add mine back.

Children
No Data