This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can I use different proxy servers, one for each group?

The only option I found, was a general option, for all Central Sophos, but I need to specify different proxies for different locations.

Thank you.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Marcelo Gladzik,

Can you please provide more info regarding what are you trying to set up (some examples)? 

What Sophos products are involved and what steps are you following at this time? 

Thanks!

Barb@Sophos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Barb,

We are using Sophos Central to manage Sophos endpoint + Intercept X. I am justing starting the configuration.

We are using to manage affiliates computers, each affiliates use a proxy server. We need to specify a proxy server for each affiliate, can sophos central do it or I need to use a command line during installation to specify a proxy server and port for each location?

thanks!

• Hi Marcelo Gladzik,

I see. I am not aware of any other way to add a proxy (just the one).
    Perhaps you may want to consider using Enterprise Dashboard + Sub Estates as it will allow you to individually set settings per organization. 

Also, depending on your setup, an update cache may help

I would recommend that you reach out to your Sophos partner to decide if this is the best setup for you /if it will meet your requirements.
    If you do not know who you partner is, please send me a private message and I will help you with that.

Regards,

Barb@Sophos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• The new installer might allow you do just what you are looking for.

Check the command line list for the installer: https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/127045

I think these command line args are what you'll need to each site

Proxy Address --proxyaddress=<custom proxy address> Specifies a custom proxy to use. URL without protocol (will use HTTPS)
    Proxy Username --proxyusername=<custom proxy user name> If a custom proxy has been specified, then set the username with this option. The username of the proxy
    Proxy Password --proxypassword=<custom proxy password> If a custom proxy and username have been specified, then set the password with this option. The password for the proxy..

Hope this helps!

• Could you use a common dns name globally, then at each site have it resolve to the local proxy? Not tried just a thought.
    Regards,
    Jak