This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Policy non-compliance: Automatic Updates

Just recently received this event message from 25+ computers across the company (all Macs using High Sierra 10.13 or Mojave 10.14). Seems to affect randomly. I couldn't find any related posts in the community. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • Hi Karl,

I am trying to get more info so that I can better assist you (I reached out to our team internally, and I will update this thread with additional details once I get a response).

In the meantime:
    Are you using Controlled updates?
    If yes, can you test disabling the policy in one of the Macs and let me know if that helps? 

Regards,

Barb@Sophos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

Children
  • Just to confirm what others have been saying - 50 Macs, all now giving me this alert - the ones I have checked all update fine, all seem fine in the Sophos Diagnostic and are all reporting back to the Sophos Central dashboard. Issue not cleared after manually updating/rebooting.

Not using controlled updates or scheduled updates - just using the default settings/policy - no changes client/network end. I would like to click 'Mark as Acknowledged' as suggested and hope it all goes away but would prefer the issue to be identified and fixed.

• I also have been receiving the same message for all the devices I manage (12 devices). I have manually logged into each machine and forced an update and the alert still shows in the portal.