This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Auto update Failed

Hi all, 

I have some sophos endpoint and protection problem, the client cant download the antivirus database.

The error message " Download of Windows Cloud Next Gen failed from server http://dci.sophosupd.com/cloudupdate. "

It happened from 12 Oct 2015 until now?

Anyone have a same problem?

Regards,

Arthur

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Was there any resolution on this? Im having the same issue, only affects some computers. I have logged a support request.

• Hi Dave,

Our working solution was deactivating the Tamper-Protection per failed client. Then just re-run the Setup (Login-Script / Remote-Install Tools like "PDQ Deploy" or manually) and about 30 Minutes later the Client should be working normal again.

We didn't always need restarts of the Clients, some just went back to normal after those steps.

Now, as far as my understanding goes, the Tamper-Protection protects any RegKeys and Files from being changed. What happens here is according to the Support that the Tamper-Protection is activated before the Installation is finished, in this case a Software-Update Installation. Sure someone might think this looks like the Software protects itself of being updated - but who am I to judge this :-).

Let me know if this helped you, I might now a few other tricks.

Florian

• Hi Dave,

Our working solution was deactivating the Tamper-Protection per failed client. Then just re-run the Setup (Login-Script / Remote-Install Tools like "PDQ Deploy" or manually) and about 30 Minutes later the Client should be working normal again.

We didn't always need restarts of the Clients, some just went back to normal after those steps.

Now, as far as my understanding goes, the Tamper-Protection protects any RegKeys and Files from being changed. What happens here is according to the Support that the Tamper-Protection is activated before the Installation is finished, in this case a Software-Update Installation. Sure someone might think this looks like the Software protects itself of being updated - but who am I to judge this :-).

Let me know if this helped you, I might now a few other tricks.

Florian

Children
  • Hi Florian,

Thanks for the response, disabling tamper-protection and re-installing worked on a couple of machines but I still have a few which wont update. Out of 8 test machines, 3 installed first go, 2 installed on second go and 3 are still not updating.

I am using DesktopCentral to deploy the package, DesktopCentral returns error 146 "The specified path is being used in a substitute". This is the response for all machines, whether successful or not, so it may mean nothing.

I have updated logs to Sophos but Im still waiting on a response.

Thanks in advance!

Dave

• Just an update on this, it seems that our Sophos UTM was blocking some traffic. Weird how some computers were ok and some werent.

• How are you disabling Tamper Protection? I like to automate this via PDQ Deploy. I can accomplish everything else like uninstall and reinstall but i want to stop tamper protection. i know i can do this via Sophos Central and disable it in the policy, but would like to avoid that.