This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Deployment with scripts issues

I am in the process of deploying Sophos Central using BitLocker encryption to all computers with a script in GPO. I found the script within the knowledge base, and it has been partially successful. I found several articles assisting with setting up the GPO and have had it work without any issues on several different computers. I'm using security groups because not all of our computers are Windows 10 yet, and we are in the process of transitioning off of Kaspersky encryption and A/V. There are still several computers that are in the security group that are just not receiving the setup file and launching it, even though I have confirmed that they are receiving the GPO. It is just strange to me that only some computers are receiving it, while others are not. If anyone has been in the same position and has suggestions, I could really use the help!

@echo off
SET MCS_ENDPOINT=Sophos\Management Communications System\Endpoint\McsClient.exe
IF "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%" == "x86" GOTO X86_PROG
IF NOT EXIST "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\%MCS_ENDPOINT%" GOTO INSTALL
exit /b 0

:X86_PROG
IF NOT EXIST "%ProgramFiles%\%MCS_ENDPOINT%" GOTO INSTALL
exit /b 0

:INSTALL
pushd \\server name
SophosSetup.exe --quiet
Popd

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • Thanks Jak, will give the process monitor suggestion a go. 

Tried writing additional commands to log file. The script basically gets as far as the line before launching the installer...and then nothing. Will report back after enabling boot logging. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Children