This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Endpoint - Hint when hovering mouse over Sophos icon in System Tray

The on-premise version of Sophos Endpoint helpfully shows as a hint when the Endpoint was last updated, This is particularly useful to know having powered up a machine that has been off for sometime so as to be sure it is properly protected before doing anything else with it. At present,  to obtain this simple information when using the Sophos Central version of Sophos Endpoint it appears to be necessary to load the software by doubling clicking the icon in the system tray and then clicking on the 'About' label in the bottom right of the Sophos Endpoint windows.

Sophos Development: Could the behaviour of the on-premise version please be replicated in the Sophos Central version.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Stephen Bentall,

It looks like you have already taken the appropriate steps and requested the feature via ideas.sophos.com
    Sophos Endpoint - Hint when hovering mouse over Sophos icon in System Tray

Additionally, you can check the update status of your computers via Sophos Central:
    Overview>Logs & Reports> Computers (This will bring up the Computer Report)
    In there, you will see a "Last update" column that will allow you to see when were computers last updated.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Barb@Sophos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Had I realised that ideas.sophos.com existed I would not have posted my request in the community forum. This was the first time I had used the forum and I was only using that since I, mistakenly it would appear, thought that is where the Support Engineer I made the suggestion in the first place suggested I raise the issue.

Being able to see when computers were last updated using Sophos Central is of nt use or interest to [the majority of] the users of computers who do not have access to Sophos Central. They often need the assurance of knowing that their computers are being updated and when the most recent update took place, hence my suggestion that this information should be readily available without having tom load the Sophos Endpoint utility.

• Had I realised that ideas.sophos.com existed I would not have posted my request in the community forum. This was the first time I had used the forum and I was only using that since I, mistakenly it would appear, thought that is where the Support Engineer I made the suggestion in the first place suggested I raise the issue.

Being able to see when computers were last updated using Sophos Central is of nt use or interest to [the majority of] the users of computers who do not have access to Sophos Central. They often need the assurance of knowing that their computers are being updated and when the most recent update took place, hence my suggestion that this information should be readily available without having tom load the Sophos Endpoint utility.

Children
No Data