This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

CWA (ConnectWise Automate) PlugIn documentation

I would appreciate some more documentation on what the CWA Sophos Plugin actually does.

Through some looking around, I found the added Searches, and Scripts in the Antivirus Software and AntiVirus\Sophos Central folders respectively, and the EDF fields are mentioned in the official documentation (https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/132352)

Does the plugin do anything else? I did not see any monitors for Sophos. And there doesn't seem to be any further management for Sophos aside from the deployment, and monitoring which agents have Sophos running.

Additionally, if the Sophos plugin was installed prior to reading the kb 132352, can some of the virus scan definitions (Config tab > Configurations tab > Virus Scan) be removed? Which ones are added through the plugin?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Spoke to my CWA consultant; for others who installed the plugin prior to removing the Sophos AV definitions, here's what he suggested:

When going to the Dashboard -> Config -> Configurations -> Virus Scan, it lists the definitions in order of addition, so the add-on ones are at the bottom (For me it was only three)

Sort by Name, and delete all the other Sophos definitions except for those three starting with Sophos Central Endpoint. This will enable this plugin to identify Sophos Central on Agents (including ones that had been previously identified as something else)

If/when you update Automate and get the new (deleted) Sophos Virus Scan rules back, they will be at the bottom, and thus checked after it checks these Sophos Central rules from the plugin. (To catch any other/older Sophos installs)

• Spoke to my CWA consultant; for others who installed the plugin prior to removing the Sophos AV definitions, here's what he suggested:

When going to the Dashboard -> Config -> Configurations -> Virus Scan, it lists the definitions in order of addition, so the add-on ones are at the bottom (For me it was only three)

Sort by Name, and delete all the other Sophos definitions except for those three starting with Sophos Central Endpoint. This will enable this plugin to identify Sophos Central on Agents (including ones that had been previously identified as something else)

If/when you update Automate and get the new (deleted) Sophos Virus Scan rules back, they will be at the bottom, and thus checked after it checks these Sophos Central rules from the plugin. (To catch any other/older Sophos installs)

Children
No Data