This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

after deploying new image can't communicate with Sophos central

Hi guys

I did "How to install on a gold image to avoid duplicate identities @ community.sophos.com/.../120560"

I downloaded last sophos.exe from Sophos central  but after deploying golden image, Deployed machines can't make endpointidentify.txt file on the

C:\Programdata\Sophos\Management Communications System\Endpoint\Persist\.

Sophos is looking good on the deployed machines (updateing and protecting everything is green) but they are not discolverable in Sophos central. Thats why for login to admin on deployed machines I need to use golden image password from Sophos central to login .

can anyone help me please with this.

thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Mily,

"Deployed machines can't make endpointidentify.txt file... " --> Are you receiving any error messages? Or the file is missing? 

If you double click on the endpoint --> About --> Run Diagnostic tool --> System
    Do you see anything under Endpoint ID and Computer Name? 

"Thats why for login to admin on deployed machines I need to use golden image password from Sophos central to login"  --->  I am not sure what do you mean by this. Can you please provide the steps that you are following?

If you could gather the SDU logs from one of the affected machines and send me a DM I will have a look.

Regards,

Barb@Sophos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Barb

after made my golden image ready, I deployed it on my other machines (which I will call it deployed machines).

when I join the deployed machine to domain, sophos start to working well.

Every thing is green such as update and communications.

But in real doesn't communicate with my Sophos Central. I have checked the System in the  Run Diagnostic Tool, under Endpoint ID is "Unable to determine Endpoint ID. Most likyly, this computer is not registerd with sophos central" . and also I checked "C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Management Communications System\Endpoint\Persist" is not any file "EndpointIdentity.txt" in there.

anyway I have sent you logs in private message

thanks again

• Hi Mily,

Received and replied to. 
    Please take a look at the connections as suggested,  and please update this thread / DM with any further information.

Thank you,

Barb@Sophos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hey Barb

I have checked on the golen image and also deployed machines I have registration.txt (with right licenced)

I have tried with free wifi (without checkpoint) still have same issue.

I have opened a ticket with Sophos support to see what will happen, anyway will let you know.

thanks