This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

pointer to a document that lists which Server protection features are available on Linux vs. Windows?

I'm having to discover on a fairly case-by-case basis which features of Server Protection are actually not supported on Linux endpoints (most recently DLP).  Aside from the fact that it's absurd that some of these features are "Windows-only" when so many production servers run Linux, I'd like to see a clear document somewhere that at least told me what doesn't work on Linux.

couldn't find any such thing in Sophos docs/website.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi lprikockis,

Please visit this site for information regarding Server Protection.

There, you will find a Datasheet , as well as the buyers guide .  (Do not click on the green Data Sheet button as it is redirecting to the French version, we are working on updating that. The hyperlink I put here should take you to the English version). 

If you would like to further discuss which option is best for your company, or what is covered by your current license, please reach out to your closest Sophos partner.

Regards,

Barb@Sophos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• thanks... though the datasheet and the buyers guide very clearly DO NOT answer my question.   For example, please show me where on the Data Sheet it says that DLP is not supported on Linux?

I'll follow up with our reseller ... but I find it troubling that it's not possible to get a clear answer on which features are supported on which operating systems from Sophos directly.   The pages you directed me to seem to suggest greater support for both Windows AND Linux than actually exists.... it's confusing and misleading if not outright incorrect.