This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Stopping Migration

Hi,

Is there a way of preventing migration of a client once the status has changed to Pending on the migration tool? Our migration is using too much bandwidth but there doesn't seem to be a way of cancelling the migration.

Cheers

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I've not used it much, but it works by configuring the on-premise distribution point, sometimes know as the CID.

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/121750  has some info.

This file in the CID: migration.csv, has the computers that are to be migrated.

I assume therefore you could edit this file to remove the machines you don't want to migrate and run configcid (community.sophos.com/.../13112) against the cid to re-create the custom manifest file so AutoUpdate can download the change.

You could delete the CID entirely (e.g. the Sxxx directory in question in the update manager directory) and let Sophos Update Manager re-create it on the next update.  This would remove all the customiszation added by the migration tool.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
    Jak

P.S. I assume in your central account you have limited the bandwidth, otherwise maybe install some update caches.

• I've not used it much, but it works by configuring the on-premise distribution point, sometimes know as the CID.

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/121750  has some info.

This file in the CID: migration.csv, has the computers that are to be migrated.

I assume therefore you could edit this file to remove the machines you don't want to migrate and run configcid (community.sophos.com/.../13112) against the cid to re-create the custom manifest file so AutoUpdate can download the change.

You could delete the CID entirely (e.g. the Sxxx directory in question in the update manager directory) and let Sophos Update Manager re-create it on the next update.  This would remove all the customiszation added by the migration tool.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
    Jak

P.S. I assume in your central account you have limited the bandwidth, otherwise maybe install some update caches.

Children