This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issue with Sophos Cloud Migration Tool

Hello All, 

When I open my CMT I get an error at the bottom indicating that there is a "Problem downloading latest cloud readiness assessment data". 

I have scoured all I can and looked through the log files, but I am admittedly naive when it comes to determining what could even be the root cause for this. We've been using the tool for over a month now to migrate clients and this issue just started on Monday. 

Thanks for the help,

-Tim

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi All

Ok so I now have a work around from support that fixes this issue with hardcoded certificate checking in 1.0.1 Cloud Migration Tool

Please add the following lines to

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Cloud Migration Tool\CloudMigration.exe.config"

before the closing </configuration> element

<appSettings>
            <add key="SkipNamePinning" value="true"/>
        </appSettings>

If you save the file and then rerun the migration tool again you should find it proceeds without the error.

This has moved us from having 5 migratable computers to having 208!!!

Share this issue seem to have lost Sophos at least customer!

Hope that helps

Chris

• Chris, 

If I could shake your hand in person, I would. 

Brilliant. 

It's a shame that the actual support team couldn't provide this info to everyone earlier, would have saved a lot of heartache. 

We started manually migrating machines, but now we can pivot back to this. 

Bravo again. 

Thanks, 

-Tim

• Chris, 

If I could shake your hand in person, I would. 

Brilliant. 

It's a shame that the actual support team couldn't provide this info to everyone earlier, would have saved a lot of heartache. 

We started manually migrating machines, but now we can pivot back to this. 

Bravo again. 

Thanks, 

-Tim

Children
No Data