This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issue with Sophos Cloud Migration Tool

Hello All, 

When I open my CMT I get an error at the bottom indicating that there is a "Problem downloading latest cloud readiness assessment data". 

I have scoured all I can and looked through the log files, but I am admittedly naive when it comes to determining what could even be the root cause for this. We've been using the tool for over a month now to migrate clients and this issue just started on Monday. 

Thanks for the help,

-Tim

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • We too have this issue.

I have managed to migrate 96 PCs and then it has stopped with the error message described. It stopped a month ago with Problem downloading latest cloud readiness assessment data  displayed at the bottom of the migration tool

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the tool but have the same issue

• Did you make any progress on this? I am seeing the same thing on a 2012R2 server which definitely is not a 2003 server and has the latest updates on and checking those three urls above see them as valid certificate chains

Reply Children
  • There is obviously an issue here, but I haven't heard any more out of Sophos on a fix. We're resorting to a GPO deployment, which was also a nightmare because there is no official sophos MSI. Good times..

-Tim

• I was also running this on Server 2012R2. After speaking to Sophos, I understand there is a version 2.0 of the Migration Tool being released soon. Maybe to fix this issue? In any case, this was enough to persuade me to cease my trial of Sophos Central and go in a different direction. Hope they find a fix for you guys soon.

• Thanks both for that; that not very clever that they have updated the server but have seemingly hardcoded the fingerprints of the SSL certificates of the old servers into the tool so it is then throwing a wobbly claiming it thinks it is subject to a man-in-the-middle attack! I am not surprise it looks like the copyright dates on the current v1.0.1 tool are back in 2016.

The stupid thing is they also look to have hardcoded the Central supported feature sets at the point of compiling it which appear to have changed in the intervening period blocking 90% of the machines in the environment I am trying to migrate from being seen in a migratable state. :-(

Oh and to compound the issue in the case I'm working on Enterprise Console has stopped downloading updates as they have expired the credentials so I have the account manager trying to get some backend licensing team to set them working again!