This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issue with Sophos Cloud Migration Tool

Hello All, 

When I open my CMT I get an error at the bottom indicating that there is a "Problem downloading latest cloud readiness assessment data". 

I have scoured all I can and looked through the log files, but I am admittedly naive when it comes to determining what could even be the root cause for this. We've been using the tool for over a month now to migrate clients and this issue just started on Monday. 

Thanks for the help,

-Tim

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Tim Osting,

Can you please confirm me if you still facing the issue? We have recently completed a change over to a new CDN supplier in order to increase the reliability of our content delivery systems. This migration completed for all addresses on the 2nd May 2018 as described here.

However, any customer who currently has to exempt by IP address will find they may have to exempt new IP ranges. Wildcards can also be used for the exemptions: *.sophosupd.com and *.sophosupd.net.

Sophos does not recommend whitelisting CDN IP addresses as the range of IP addresses that are presented on the URLs is subject to change. With the previous CDN, there was a set range of addresses that customers could exclude. However, with the new CDN supplier, customers will need to identify IP addresses to then exempt.

Open a web browser and enter the following three addresses into the address box. If a successful connection is made you will see the message "it works - authed", "Connection Successful" or "it works".

• dci.sophosupd.com
    • d1.sophosupd.com
    • d2.sophosupd.com

If the connection fails the most like cause is a firewall (including Windows 2008 server's software firewall) or a proxy blocking the connection or EnterpriseConsole.exe. 

If you cannot connect to the address, or you are still getting the errors described above you should troubleshoot general networking connectivity to all of the addresses. For example:

• is there a proxy blocking the address?
    • can you traceroute to the address?
    • is there a scanning firewall in the way?
    • do you need to change/update your firewall rules?

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• HI Gowtham, 

Thank you for your reply and description of the issue. Unfortunately, I can get to all of the links you listed above, but the tool is still showing that it is unable to download the latest cloud readiness assessment data. The Windows firewall is actually off on this box, so I don't think that is an issue. Lastly, there are no proxy's running on my connection. 

Thanks for your continued help, 

-Tim

• HI Gowtham, 

Thank you for your reply and description of the issue. Unfortunately, I can get to all of the links you listed above, but the tool is still showing that it is unable to download the latest cloud readiness assessment data. The Windows firewall is actually off on this box, so I don't think that is an issue. Lastly, there are no proxy's running on my connection. 

Thanks for your continued help, 

-Tim

Children