This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Offline full installer for sophos cloud?

One of our clients has purchased 2000 endpoint cloud licenses. Now the full ffline installer option is no more avaiable. Another option is update chache server, but i will require to purchase server licenses for this? What do you guys suggest if i want to save 250mbs required for each computer initially. If anyone can reply fast it would be really helpful.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Kandarp Desai1,

With the lasted central client, we can have the endpoints deployed with the SAV via the cloud or the update cache server. No other workarounds available for this. You may vote the existing feature request for the offline installer.

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• I have solution and i tested it works for me.

Step 1:

Install your choice (CEA or CEA + CIX) on one machine using SophosSetup.exe and let installation complete successfully.

Step 2:

1. CEA :
      1. On machine where Sophos Central Endpoint Advanced and Sophos Central Intercept X is properly installed, go to :
      2. C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\data\warehouse\ <- This should be about 400 Mb in size.
      3. Copy all the content (Ctrl + A) and paste it in below path on NEW MACHINE where you want to install Sophos. You will have to create below path manually :
      4. C:\ProgramData\Sophos\CloudInstaller\AutoUpdatePreparation\data\Warehouse\

1. CEA + CIX :
      1. On machine where Sophos Central Endpoint Advanced and Sophos Central Intercept X is properly installed, go to :
      2. C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\data\warehouse\ <- This should be about 400 Mb in size.
      3. Copy all the content (Ctrl + A) and paste it in below path on NEW MACHINE where you want to install Sophos. You will have to create below path manually :
      4. C:\ProgramData\Sophos\CloudInstaller\AutoUpdatePreparation\data\Warehouse\
      5. On installed machine, go to :
      6. C:\ProgramData\HitmanPro.Alert\

Copy all the content (Ctrl + A) and paste it in below path on NEW MACHINE where you want to install Sophos. You will have to create below path manually :

C:\ProgramData\Sophos\CloudInstaller\AutoUpdatePreparation\Cache\decoded\

Step 3:

Once above paths have been created and respective content copied to it, run installer SophosSetup.exe.

If everything goes correctly, SophosInstaller will not download 400+ Mb data from Central, it will only download any new signatures that it finds and other folders and services will be created.

If it works fine, complete installation should be finished in 5 minutes.

Note: All folder names are case sensitive. Try and copy-paste rather than manually typing. If there is any typo error offline installation will not work.