This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Central, High Sierra, Files "Held" before appearing

On High Sierra, latest version, when I drag a file from an email, or do any sort of File / Save operation in any program, the file is "held" for a period of time before appearing on the desktop or wherever I save the file. After 5 to 30 seconds, the file appears. Larger files take longer amounts of time to appear.

My guess is that Sophos is "holding" these files and scanning them before they're showing up in their folder. The faster and more modern the Mac, the faster the files appear in their destination. It's a huge problem because you save a file, check the destination, it's not there, so you save it again, still not there, wonder what you're doing wrong, save it again, and then all of a sudden 5 of the files appear all at once.

It's not to a network drive, it's to anywhere on my local computer. I can duplicate this over multiple laptops.

How do I fix this?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I'm also experiencing this issue and first noticed it with doing screen caps.  Since updating to the latest OS, screencaps take anywhere between 5-18 seconds to appear on the desktop. This issue also coincides with the latest update to the Endpoint app, because when we were testing High Sierra, we never experienced any of these issues with the previous version of Sophos Anti-virus. We've tried temporarily disabling real-time scanning, but that didn't seem to help much.

• I'm also experiencing this issue and first noticed it with doing screen caps.  Since updating to the latest OS, screencaps take anywhere between 5-18 seconds to appear on the desktop. This issue also coincides with the latest update to the Endpoint app, because when we were testing High Sierra, we never experienced any of these issues with the previous version of Sophos Anti-virus. We've tried temporarily disabling real-time scanning, but that didn't seem to help much.

Children
No Data