This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Notification: Data protection is off

In my Sophos Endpoint application I got a notification with 'Data protection is off'. Where in the Sophos Central portal do I turn it on?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • We are also facing this issue. With the new installer, the device encryption is not kicking in anymore on new installations. TPM is ready and Group Policy settings are set up correctly. No way to manually kickstart the Device Encryption either unfortunately. Device Encryption service is running, licenses are available. Tried assigning the policy to an individual device as well as via device groups, restarted several times, cleared tpm several times. Not sure what to try more.

What's also worrying is that Sophos Central states "The Device Encryption status changed from Not available to Unmanaged" in events, but in the status tab it is showing the green checkmark at "Sophos Device Encryption Service". Whereas I used to get notified that "A device that should be encrypted is not encrypted", I have not received such an alert mail now.

Hope this gets fixed very soon.

• I too have this problem.

Clients that have been encrypted and managed for several months have suddenly changed their state to Unmanaged, although no alerts were raised.

New clients may or may not encrypt, there seems to be no logic to this - same hardware, same BIOS, same build, same policies, some start to encrypt others do not.

I have raised a ticket with Sophos. Let's see what they come back with. Has anyone heard anything from Sophos about this?

• I've been chatting with them on Twitter and I called in to speak with them about the issue.  All I've heard is that they're working on it.

• Hi James,

When they same they're working on it, do you think they mean they are aware of an issue or they are working on your specific case?

I've had a reply from Support, who seem to think it's to do with the order of encryption policies. I have only one policy, the same one I set months ago. Nothing has changed in my environment, but clearly something has happened to cause these changes. No real security problems, clients are still encrypted.

I guess we just have to wait and see what Sophos come back with.

• Hey Neil,

I first spoke with a sales engineer since we're relatively new to Sophos, and he said that he heard about it being a known issue.  I then followed up with Sophos Support on Twitter and they gave me a bug ID referring to the issue, stating that it's still in progress.  I called in and was told the same thing.  Also in looking around I came across this article: community.sophos.com/.../131752.

• So I guess to clarify, it's a known issue for them.  They didn't even make a case for me because of that.

Reply Children
No Data