This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Auto Update Service is missing

I have a machine that went bad after last week's client update. We tried removing sophos, couldn't remove it. Ran the uninstall script found here:

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/122126

BTW the sophos clean refererence is wrong, it should be under the x86 folder. The article may be referring to a 32 bit machine... whoever has those anymore.

Removed folders and files and registry keys. Removed the machine from the cloud control panel and tried to reinstall. Took about 20 minutes before it stated that installation failed. It actually installed but the Auto Update service is missing.

This link of course ... didn't help.

community.sophos.com/.../125462 Service is reported as "Missing"

removed the client again via the same method. Deleted remenants manually. Reinstalled and same issue.

I haven't heard from sophos support in 2 days ( which is in its own right horrible). 

Anyone here have a clue how to fix this?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Same issue with one of our machines here. Spend almost 3 hours now trying to uninstall and reinstall. What a mess...

Regards, Jelle

Sophos XG210-HA (SFOS 18.0.4) on SG210 appliances with Sandstorm and 1x AP55
    Sophos Central with Intercept X Advanced, Device Encryption, Phish Threat, Mobile Control Advanced

If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• A second machine is having this problem now...

Happened during a manual installation of Endpoint Security and Intercept X.

During installation of Sophos System Protection Service installer claims that the user does not have enough priviliges although setup is done with administrator account and all previous modules and services have been installed.

Regards, Jelle

Sophos Central with Intercept X Advanced, Device Encryption, Phish Threat, Mobile Control Advanced

• A second machine is having this problem now...

Happened during a manual installation of Endpoint Security and Intercept X.

During installation of Sophos System Protection Service installer claims that the user does not have enough priviliges although setup is done with administrator account and all previous modules and services have been installed.

Regards, Jelle

Children
No Data