Failed to install Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows: uninstalling an older product failed.

Endpoint half un-insatlled... now I am just stuck in a loop...

The machine thinks nothing is there...

I can run the Installer again, it performs the 'Pre-Installation' and starts the Download and fails after 20 mins

How does one Remove Sophos Endpoint so I can re-install 

I have tried to stop what services are left available and REG Setting for Tamper Protection... still get no where

Sophos Central, Win10 Any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers 

• Hi  

If there are any components left from the older installer, you may check below registry and see if there are any leftovers keys for Sophos Anti-virus or. Please take reg backup before making any changes. 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
    ​HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UpgradeCodes
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\UpgradeCodes\
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\  

If you can provide installer logs from the temp folder, I can check about the component which is failing to get uninstalled. 

• Hi Keiron,

As the install is failing due to an uninstall of Sophos Anti-virus failing, could you post the Sophos Anti-Virus Major Uninstall log located in either %temp% or C:\Windows\Temp\?  This should help us determine why the uninstall is failing.

• In reply to Shweta:

Hi Shweta

This is the Log file it spits out, by way of note the Log file requested by MEric 'Sophos Anti-Virus Major Uninstall' does not exist 

Sophos Anti-Virus Uninstall 2019_09_07_05_18_36Z.log

Sophos Anti-Virus Uninstall 2019_09_07_05_18_36Z.log

• In reply to Keiron Crawford:

Hello ,

indeed there is never Major in the uninstall log's name, only for Install and Custom Actions. This is the log we're looking for and it shows a 1721 error. Please see this thread, it should help.

Christian

• In reply to QC:

That did the trick, cheers Christian