Visual Studio Questions

I want to install Sandboxie 5.30 but wish to avoid Windows related issues. Wikipedia says Sandboxie is written in C++ but Sandboxie FAQs do not mention this subject. Release notes for previous version 5.24 state, "Source code updated to Visual Studio 2015."

Main Question: Do I need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, or do some or all Sandboxie installers include the necessary files?

I currently have Visual Studio 2017 installed to support one nonessential program. As you may know, Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 share the same redistributable files (unlike all earlier versions), so having VS 2017 installed could affect programs built with VS 2015 (see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads). The safest course of action might therefore be to uninstall VS 2017, but I would prefer not to.

Second Question: Are there any known issues with Sandboxie related to installing VS 2017? (I have no need for VS 2019 at this time, but other forum members might.)

One last question: What is the minimum .NET Framework requirement for Sandboxie 5.30, if any?

Parents Reply Children
No Data