PortableApps Firefox issue with Win10 1903 and SB 5.31.2

Hello,

Sandboxie 5.31.2 and Windows Windows 10 x64 bit 1903 

Latest Firefox Portable (PortableApps)

Windows Defender

New sandbox with default settings

"SBIE2224 Sandboxed program has crashed: firefox.exe"

I had no issue working with the latest PortableApps Firefox (installed inside a sandbox), Windows 10 1803 and an older version of SandBoxie (sorry I can't remember, it was 2018).

Now, I upgraded my Windows 10 to 1903, I upgraded my SandBoxie to the 5.31.2 and cannot start Firefox anymore.

I create a new sandbox, installed PortableApps inside the sandbox (correcly), installed Firefox Portable (correctly) but when I start Firefox I have:

"SBIE2224 Sandboxed program has crashed: firefox.exe"

I also tried to start the ".exe" from its folder with the same result.

Please HELP

Parents Reply
  • If I understand good, Firefox is supported but Firefox PortableApps isn't. It's right?

About the "stable" and "normal" version of Firefox, which is supported, when you say "supported" it means that I can install it INSIDE the sandbox (totally sandboxed then) or that I should install it OUTSIDE the sandbox and then use Sandboxie?

I started to use "PortableApps" versions of Chrome and Firefox because I had some issues with those browser when installed INSIDE the sandbox.

I hope my question is clear, I am not english native.

Also, I had the same issue with the "supported" stable Firefox, so it will be addressed instead?

Children
  • Hi Pippp2007,

If I understand good, Firefox is supported but Firefox PortableApps isn't. It's right?
    --> Correct

About the "stable" and "normal" version of Firefox, which is supported, when you say "supported" it means that I can install it INSIDE the sandbox (totally sandboxed then) or that I should install it OUTSIDE the sandbox and then use Sandboxie?
    ---> It means that the application is not something we are going to test/fix issues for. 
    ---> Not all applications can be installed inside Sandboxie. Some will work, some others will need to be installed on the host and then run Sandboxed.

If you are experiencing issues with something, please follow this article to report them
    How to report problems with Sandboxie

Regards,

Barb@Sophos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.