PortableApps Firefox issue with Win10 1903 and SB 5.31.2

Hello,

Sandboxie 5.31.2 and Windows Windows 10 x64 bit 1903 

Latest Firefox Portable (PortableApps)

Windows Defender

New sandbox with default settings

"SBIE2224 Sandboxed program has crashed: firefox.exe"

I had no issue working with the latest PortableApps Firefox (installed inside a sandbox), Windows 10 1803 and an older version of SandBoxie (sorry I can't remember, it was 2018).

Now, I upgraded my Windows 10 to 1903, I upgraded my SandBoxie to the 5.31.2 and cannot start Firefox anymore.

I create a new sandbox, installed PortableApps inside the sandbox (correcly), installed Firefox Portable (correctly) but when I start Firefox I have:

"SBIE2224 Sandboxed program has crashed: firefox.exe"

I also tried to start the ".exe" from its folder with the same result.

Please HELP

Parents Reply
  • Hello,

I also have the problem with the "UAC" that asks for the admin rights but I also have that problem when I launch the PortableApps interface or when I launch Chrome Portable.

That starts after I updated Win10 and SB.

Said so, while Chrome works fine Firefox doesn't even starts.

I read your post:

Install Firefox Portable directly in the Sandbox, ignore the autorecover prompts. When the installation completes, close it (don't select Run Firefox...). After that, navigate to the Sandboxed location where you installed it and launch it.

I went inside the path (from Explorer inside Sandboxie) and then I got the same result ("SBIE2224 Sandboxed program has crashed: firefox.exe").

Then:

Please try running the Firefox executable, not Firefox Portable app:
    for example:
    C:\Sandbox\<username>\<sandboxName>\drive\C\Users\<username>\Downloads\FirefoxPortable\App\Firefox64

Do you mean I have to do it *outside* Sandboxie, I mean, through the regular Explorer???

Did it, it seem to WORK.

It is totally sure and safe to do that?

Should I also run the PortableApps and other apps (Chrome Portable) itself in that way?

This will be fixed in the future?

Thank you SO much.

Children