How much access to information do threats really have?

Hi,

I get that potential software threats that are installed in a sandbox is isolated from making changes to the actual system.

But, doesn´t it still have access to confidential information, such as browser history or documents on the computer?

I ask about that because I know that the sandbox and the software installed in the sandboxes can "copy" files from the actual system as needed.

Would then a trojan be able to get confidential information from my browser or other files and send it elsewhere?

I know it wouldn´t be able to make changes to my system, but wouldn´t it be able to pull information from it? if not, why not?

Thanks for the clarification.

Parents
  • A trojan can copy information but can't cause any harm. Wraithdru created "Block Process Access" dll and offered it to the community under Contributed Utilities. This program blocks the ability for any program within a sandbox to see files in the "host" area. But it's really dated and might not work anymore. If you want to check it out: https://www.sandboxie.com/ContributedUtilities

If for some reason the link pulls you back here, then use Google, keywords: sandboxie contributed utilities. Some links come back to this forum and others don't.

EDIT: Forget what I said. The link to download the actual file points back to this forum and it's not available. 

• A trojan can copy information but can't cause any harm. Wraithdru created "Block Process Access" dll and offered it to the community under Contributed Utilities. This program blocks the ability for any program within a sandbox to see files in the "host" area. But it's really dated and might not work anymore. If you want to check it out: https://www.sandboxie.com/ContributedUtilities

If for some reason the link pulls you back here, then use Google, keywords: sandboxie contributed utilities. Some links come back to this forum and others don't.

EDIT: Forget what I said. The link to download the actual file points back to this forum and it's not available. 

Children
No Data