License expired - what now?

Hello SBIecommunity. My License has now expired, and i just stumped upon that "Maintenance" notice while trying to buy a new one.

I became pretty dependant on SBIE during the last year, and now... what can I do? How do I get a new license?!

Parents
  • Here is what is missing from the responses from Sophos.

Nowhere have I heard them announce that the problem is just temporary, offer any reassurance to their customers or that they plan to continue normal operations and give any kind of time frame.  It looks to me that management is doing a terrible PR job on this no matter what the problem is.

Instead they just give what now seems to clearly be a false excuse to stall for time.

Sounds like either financial trouble and pending bankruptcy or some kind of legal liability problem.

The fact that they won't just tell you what is going on in a credible and transparent way is ominous.

Even if they somehow survive this, the Sophos brand is crippled by these actions.

It's too bad.  Sandboxie is an outstanding program.  Apparently the management isn't nearly as good as the developers (or as good as the customer support referring to the person in this thread who has the unfortunate job to be stuck in the middle of this mess between management and the customers).

Hopefully, if Sophos goes belly up, they will sell off Sandboxie to someplace that has better management.

• This Sophos reticence smells like lawyers. "Don't say anything, don't admit anything, don't confirm anything, just tell them we are working on a response. Wear them down. Eventually they will go away."

They are just another junkware company that has run into trouble. Have you seen their stock price? It has dropped like a rock. They obviously have bigger problems to deal with. And their incompetence doesn't inspire much confidence.

Sophos has heavily damaged, if not totally destroyed the good will Sandboxie had with thousands of users.  I doubt they could find a buyer for it now. 

• I'm sorry for my lack of response.  While the issues previously outlined are temporary, they are not short term issues.  While I don't have any more information or an updated timeline to share with you I'm hoping to have some good news to share soon.  

For those of you who need new licenses unfortunately that is simply not an option now nor will it be in the short term.  I understand this is not the answer you want to hear, but hopefully it helps you if you are looking at alternate options.  

• Seth Geftic said:
    I'm hoping to have some good news to share soon

I think all people want to know is do you intend to support S.B for the future long time or are you going to discontinue the product. It's a very simple question and could easily be answered. People respect honesty.Also if you have stopped selling licences what have you to lose by being upfront.

The lack clarity makes me believe you don't actually know the answer, kind regards

• Seth Geftic said:
    I'm hoping to have some good news to share soon

I think all people want to know is do you intend to support S.B for the future long time or are you going to discontinue the product. It's a very simple question and could easily be answered. People respect honesty.Also if you have stopped selling licences what have you to lose by being upfront.

The lack clarity makes me believe you don't actually know the answer, kind regards

Children
No Data