Is there a way to change the location for the folder "user" of a sandbox?

There is the option of Ovr. prefix (www.sandboxie.com/ExpandableVariables) but apparently is not working anymore. Is there maybe some other way to do that?

Parents
  • Hi Barbara this is not about a bug, I want to move the location where sandboxie stores user profile data. By default this is the subdirectory "user" under the sandbox folder (together with the "drive" subfolder). From the information about configuration variables at the old website this should have been possible by adding
    Ovr.UserProfile = newPathforUserProfileFolder
    But it is not working like that, I'm guessing Ovr is absolute and not implemented anymore. I was wondering if there is some other way to achieve this by change some sandboxed registry settings or something else. I tried but with no success so I was hoping someone else/developers could suggest some other way.

Hi Sam and thank you for the long and detailed reply but as you can read above I was not asking about the location of the whole sandbox but of its user subfolder. I am aware and use FileRootPath but not of SbieCtrl_UserName I cannot find any information about it but my first guess is that it directs sandbox where to check for the user profile folder or perhaps its the name of the default root folder (am I right?) while what I am looking for is a way to tell sandboxie to change the location where it stores the user profile data in a specific sandbox. Are you aware of any setting for that, similar to FileRootPath?

The reason I want this is because there are some conditions where some apps to work correctly sandboxed need direct access to user profile data but I don't want to give direct access to my original user profile folder to them.

• Argos A said:

I am looking for is a way to tell sandboxie to change the location where it stores the user profile data in a specific sandbox. Are you aware of any setting for that, similar to FileRootPath?

I understand what you want to implement but I'm not sure if it's possible being SB mimics everything. Guest10 from the old forum was a master wizard with this kind of stuff too bad he's not here.

It's an interesting concept because if this could be solved, there probably would be some games that don't currently work in a sandbox that will work with this. Sorry, I'm not going to be any further help on this one.

• Argos A said:

I am looking for is a way to tell sandboxie to change the location where it stores the user profile data in a specific sandbox. Are you aware of any setting for that, similar to FileRootPath?

I understand what you want to implement but I'm not sure if it's possible being SB mimics everything. Guest10 from the old forum was a master wizard with this kind of stuff too bad he's not here.

It's an interesting concept because if this could be solved, there probably would be some games that don't currently work in a sandbox that will work with this. Sorry, I'm not going to be any further help on this one.

Children
No Data