Firefox plus Sandboxie 5.30 fails to load pages

Alright, I wrote a Question and only found 1 link that's similar but your page won't allow me to paste the link.

1. Using Sandboxie 5.30, Windows 10 64b ver 1903. (Worked fine on ver 1809), 2. Firefox 64b (ver 67.0.3 as well as previous versions) and uBlock Origin, 3. AV = Windows Defender (can't locate any version info) - refuses to load some links or pages. Others often extremely long load times. Firefox alone runs fine. 4. Reproduce? Well, yeah. All day long. Have t-shot FF and obviously the problem is with Sandboxie in conjunction w/latest W10 update. 5. Same in a fresh Sandbox w/defaults. 6. No errors.

I'll delve through the other thread's t-shoot suggestions but hope a solution makes it's way on this Sandboxie support section of Sophos. This is a huge problem for me and I'm sure for many others using FF. What may be confusing is that other thread's titles don't specify what issues, which version, etc.

Thank you,

Mac

Parents
  • Hi Mac29,

Do you happen to use a similar network setup as the one this user provided?:
    https://community.sophos.com/products/sandboxie/f/sandboxie-forum/113073/firefox-problems 

If so, please make changes and let us know if that alleviates the problem.

-Can you provide more context? What are the pages that don't load? 
    -Do they stay a blank page? Do they return any messages at all at any point? 
    -Do other browsers behave similarly inside the Sandbox?
    -Have you tried a new Firefox profile + new sandbox with default settings combo? 

Any additional info you can provide for me to set up a test scenario would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards,

Barb@Sophos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Per your instructions, finally finding that  v h was using a TP Link router. I can confirm I do not use one. Virtually any page, including my homepage, does not load. Top Sites will not load. Bing, Wikipedia, Google, Weatherunderground, I could go on and on. In Firefox w/o Sandboxie everything works. No errors or messages when pages don't load in Sandboxie . Fifteen minutes later a single tab or multiple tabs just show the 'wheel' spinning.

Other browsers, ex. Opera, run fine in Sandboxie. It's CLEAR it has something to do with the W10 update to 1903 and Sandboxie plus Firefox.

Previously Sandboxie ver 5.30 ran fine before Windows updated. I've "Refreshed" Firefox. Will try the combination w/o uBlock Origin (my only extension), w/o any chosen search engine, using a fresh Profile. Tried v k's solution the network.dns.disableIPV6 change to True. That did not solve. 

Thank you.

• Hi Mac29,

v k user is not only reporting the problem with a TP link, his last posts further explain his specific setup and the DNS changes ( he also tested with ASUS routers), so you may want to double check that.  I am still not sure if you are using a similar setup, but it won't hurt to double check. 

Firefox works in win 10 1903 + Sbie, so let's have you test the following:

1 - Please use the latest beta: SBIE BETA VERSIONS
     - Create a new Sandbox with default settings 
    3 - Create a new firefox profile (outside Sandboxie)
    4 - Launch Firefox in the new Sandbox with the new profile 

Let me know how that goes.
    Also, can you confirm the repro steps? 

Let's have have a look at your config file

Configure--> Edit configuration
    Copy-paste the output on your response.

Thanks!

Barb@Sophos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Barb,

Thanks for all your help, and the quick response. I did not test all the things I could have. After I got your email re: the beta I followed instructions for that. Everything works fine AFAICT.

I think what you're asking for is a copy of my entire about:config from Firefox, correct? Let me do that and I'll post back.

Thank you,

Mac

• Barb,

I can't seem to copy everything in about:config file (for the new Firefox Profile) but I've saved it as the about config.xul file. If there's a way to post that, or get it to you I'll be more than glad to do so. If not can I open an .xul file in a text editor and then Copy & Paste?

Thanks again,

Mac

Reply Children