License ending within 3 days - we cannot buy new one due to maintenance. Shall we simply move to other solution?

Hi,

We cannot have a breakdown in the Sandbox system due to being unable to make license longer. Can we just have extension of our current license please until we can buy a new back? Please reply us what should we do, as the last thing we can do is just to keep fingers crossed it will start working within 3 days.

Thanks in advance!

• Hi Jan,

Apologies for the inconvenience, the links are still down due to maintenance.

Please subscribe to this forum thread to receive updates as they are posted:
    https://community.sophos.com/products/sandboxie/f/sandboxie-forum/112376/sandboxie-status-update-what-happened-to-the-sandboxie-site-and-forums

Thank you!

• In reply to Barb@Sophos:

>> Apologies for the inconvenience, the links are still down due to maintenance

How you have the nerve to keep trundling out this corporate nonsense is beyond me. Are we children?

• In reply to henry g:

Barb is doing the best she can with the information she has - she's been a great advocate for the Sandboxie Community.

I understand your frustration about the links being down.  Obviously we're experiencing issues on our end which is making this a much longer process than it should be. 

Unfortunately, its unlikely the links will be back up in 3 days.

• In reply to Seth Geftic:

Let me be CLEAR, I have no problems with Barb, to the contrary! I do have problems with her corporate superiors that require her to continue to post such rubbish!! And as to "we're experiencing issues", perhaps you'd be kind enough to post details of your position within the organisation, and provide some MEANINGFUL information!!!

• In reply to henry g:

Glad we can all agree Barb is the best!

I am on the endpoint team, former Invincea, which is why I am jumping in on Sandboxie related questions.  I am not, nor do we have, "corporate overlords". 

We posted the details previously about the website issues, one of the services we were using was reviewed by our internal security team and it did not pass their standards so we had to immediately shut it down.  We're struggling to get an alternative up and running.

https://community.sophos.com/products/sandboxie/f/sandboxie-forum/112541/what-on-earth-is-happening-with-sandboxie-why-can-t-we-have-reasonable-answers

I understand Barb - so, I am asking once more, can your team simply increase our license time by the month or whatever? If not we will have to be moving to another solution and probably won't come back, since we will be somewhere else. I wouldn't want to do that tho because Sandboxie was very best.

• In reply to Jan Grochowski:

To make it clear Sandboxie is at this moment pretty crucial for our business and we have to use it or another solution, so waiting an unknown time is not an option. I understand your issues, but simply "lets contact us by mail with details and we will temporary expand your license" would fix it all and leave everyone happy.

Hi Jan,

Regardless of buying links being offline, we are not offering commercial solutions at this time (this has been under re-evaluation for about a year now). So, we cannot modify your commercial license either. 
    The only available (when the links are up) option is the 1 year home license, which is not to be used for work/non-personal activities. 

Any updates will be posted in the appropriate threads.  

For further information about licenses, please contact support@sandboxie.com 

Regards,

Perhaps you should get some "corporate overlords" Seth. Maybe they could give you some better lies than the BS you have been posting.

Obviously there is no "maintenance" going on here. It looks like Sophos is in some kind of legal trouble. Only lawyers could screw things up this badly and issue such garbage statements. Except for politicians, of course.

If you have found an alternative, I would appreciate hearing about it. It is sad that Sophos continues to string paying customers along with the "we're in maintenance" crap. It is definitely time to move along to another product. 

Thanks