Error SBIE2313

Installed Sandboxie 5.30 with Windows 10 1809

When I run the sandboxed browser (chrome) I get

SBIE2313 Could not execute SandboxieDcomLaunch.exe (1260)

SBIE2204 Cannot start sandboxed service DcomLaunch(1260)

This repeats 3 times. (6 error messages in total)

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

Parents
  • Hi Alan,

Adding to William's suggestions, that message is typically related to a third party program conflicting with sbie (such as an antivirus, or perhaps an extension), have a look at this entry:
    https://www.sandboxie.com/SBIE2313

If the problems persist after trying William's steps, please provide all of the required information so that I can test and assist you:
    How to report problems with Sandboxie

Regards,

Barb@Sophos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• It looks like turning off the settings in Chrome didn't fix the issue. I have also tried running Firefox in Sandboxed mode and get the same error so it doesn't look to be isolated to Chrome. I looked at third party program conflicting issue, but I don't see any 3rd party programs running. It has the typical Windows 10 running such as windows defender.

One thing I noticed is when I installed it, when it goes to the part where it is installing the drivers, when I hit next, it doesn't seem to install anything and just says installation complete. Not sure if it was just too fast or there was an issue there. Is there anyway to tell of the installation had an issue?

Thank You,

• Just to confirm, any application I try to run sandboxed gives the same error.

• Hi Alan,

The Sandboxie installation is relatively fast, that is expected. Does Sandboxie start normally when you reboot your pc?

Please, provide the rest of the info I requested on my previous post so that I can test and assist you.

I've also checked MSDN error 1260 and it seems to be related to group policy blocks. Are you blocking applications in any way?  

Regards,

Barb@Sophos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Here is the info

1- Sandboxie and Windows version (For example Sandboxie 5.30 , Windows 10 x64 bit 1809) 

Sandboxie 5.30, Windows 10 enterprise 64 bit 1809

2 - Affected applications version (if using a browser, include any extensions as well)

All applications are affected. I'm able to launch the Sandboxie Control application fine.

3 - List any antivirus installed, and their version.

Default Windows 10 security with Windows Defender. This is a company laptop so it's possible there are group policies.

4 - Steps to reproduce the issue.

Run Sandboxed Web Browser, or run any application as sandboxed (right click, run as sandboxed) and the following error occurs.

5 - Does it occur in a new sandbox with default settings? 

Yes, I created a new sandbox with default settings and it gives the same errors.

6 - Full error message and screenshots of it if applicable. 

See picture above in #4.

Thank You,

• Here is the info

1- Sandboxie and Windows version (For example Sandboxie 5.30 , Windows 10 x64 bit 1809) 

Sandboxie 5.30, Windows 10 enterprise 64 bit 1809

2 - Affected applications version (if using a browser, include any extensions as well)

All applications are affected. I'm able to launch the Sandboxie Control application fine.

3 - List any antivirus installed, and their version.

Default Windows 10 security with Windows Defender. This is a company laptop so it's possible there are group policies.

4 - Steps to reproduce the issue.

Run Sandboxed Web Browser, or run any application as sandboxed (right click, run as sandboxed) and the following error occurs.

5 - Does it occur in a new sandbox with default settings? 

Yes, I created a new sandbox with default settings and it gives the same errors.

6 - Full error message and screenshots of it if applicable. 

See picture above in #4.

Thank You,

Children