isdone.dll and unarc.dll errors

good morning,
I'm trying to install some very compressed game packages using different PCs (for example: Ace Combat 7 Skies Unknown v1.0.1 (Monkey Repack) [FitGirl Repack] and RESIDENT EVIL 2 Deluxe Edition + 9 DLCs [FitGirl Repack]).
If I use the sandboxie, a very common error appears regarding two isdone.dll and unarc.dll libraries that promptly disappears by installing the package outside the sandbox.
thank you

Parents Reply Children
  • good morning,

I believe that the setup file (it would seem to have been created with inno setup) only executes a decompression program (freearc) and copies the obtained files to an installation folder.

I could send you (regardless of the size of the archives and if you want) the individual setup files (the size of a few MB in which you could certainly extract the installation instructions).

In the meantime I have asked the package releasers for explanations why this kind of error occurs.

Thank you, see you soon

• the two PCs on which I tried to install the repacks are:
    Acer Predator Portable PC 16GB RAM GTX970M
    PC Assembled 3GB RAM GTS250
    Sandboxie 5.30, Windows 10 x64 bit 1809 on both (Pro version on the assembled and Home on the laptop)
    Windows Defender + Windows Firewall updated to the latest version
    the error message is:
    ISDone.dll: an error occured when unpacking! unarc.dll returned to error code -1 ERROR: archive data corrupted (decompression fails).
    if you want, I can attach screenshots.
    I confirm that without using sandboxie, the error does not appear
    see you later

• Hi Sal,

Please follow the guidelines I provided earlier so that I can review the situation.

As a suggestion, you may want to try to decompress the files outside Sandboxie, and then copy them to your Sandboxed folder (Typically located under C:;\Sandbox...) 

I'll leave this thread open so that other users can review and assist. 

Thanks!

Barb@Sophos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.