[SOLVED]Activation Failed - Fixed as of May 13th - Please provide feedback

UPDATE: THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN SOLVED - PLEASE RE TRY ACTIVATING SANDBOXIE NORMALLY.
LET US KNOW IF YOU ENCOUNTER ANY NEW ISSUES WITH ACTIVATIONS.

All,

If you are experiencing issues activating Sandboxie, please be sure of the following:

1 - You are using Sandboxie 5.30
2- TLS 1.1/2 is not turned off (click on start type inetcpl.cpl --> Go to the Advanced tab and ensure Use TLS is checked) 

If the problems persist, please provide the following information in this thread:

1- Sandboxie version

2 - Screenshot of the error message

3 - Screenshot of TLS settings as covered above

4 - Windows update status (is it up to date, if so what version? )

Also, please let us know if the Offline Activation works for you:

Offline activation  --> please use this link, as the one in the offline activations steps will fail
Offline activation steps

Thank you!

Parents Reply Children
  • I too have gotten the error and the message about no expiration date.  it seems the lifetime license is causing problems with the activation check because there is no expiration date, so anyone with this particular situation will simply have to wait for the next version to come out that should have the license check fixed.

message to developers and programmers, I see 3 possible solutions:

1- edit the license check to something like
        = if (not (lifetime phrase used)), then (check expire date > today)
       or whatever for the coding needed.  I have not bothered to look into which language or system was used, but that simple logic should be able to be done in the license/activation check.

2- go into the database and create a couple hundred year expiration date for all lifetime members so that the license activation check doesn't throw a fit by not having an expire date.

3- re-issue lifetime licenses to everyone who has ever bought a lifetime license that has a couple hundred year expire date built in, but this seems to be the worst option because not everyone will have the same email address or contact info, etc.

#1 is probably your best option to fix the problem.

and definitely, definitely, definitely, most definitely, disable the license check until the lifetime expire issue can be fixed as Dwayne Peterson suggested