Firefox won't open links from Thunderbird email program

In the last week, all of a sudden Firefox won't open links inside Sandboxie when I click on them from the Thunderbird email client (also in Sandboxie). Nothing happens when I try and Firefox doesn't react in any visible way. This still works when I make my default browser Chrome and run Thunderbird and Chrome inside Sandboxie. It also works when I run Thunderbird and Firefox outside of Sandboxie.

Versions:

Sandboxie 5.31.6

Firefox 70.0.1

Thunderbird 68.2.1

OS Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Unfortunately Thunderbird, Firefox, and Sandboxie have all had updates in the last week or so and I have been unable to track down specifically what might have changed. I haven't done anything to change my Sandboxie configuration. Is Sandboxie somehow blocking the communication between Thunderbird and Firefox. I have no problem copying the link in Thunderbird and pasting it into Firefox inside Sandboxie.

• I have the same problem, but with 

email software: Outlook 2003 (not sandboxed!)
    Sandboxie 5.33.1
    browser: Vivaldi 2.10 based on Chrome 79 (sandboxed and open when clicking on the outlook email link)
    windows 7 64 bit SP1 Pro

• In reply to Horia M:

It still persists with me even though I am now using

Sandboxie 5.33.1

Firefox 72.0.1

Thunderbird 68.4.2

OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

It's interesting that you're seeing it with Outlook and Vivaldi since I don't see the problem with Thunderbird and Chrome.

I also don't see the problem with viewing PDFs in Foxit Reader and clinking in links in the PDF document.