firefox portable not working with sandboxie

I am currently running Firefox (Portableapps version) v.69.0 in Windows 7 (64-bit). When opening it in Sandboxie (64-bit 531) and going to any website, firefox never gets to the site.

Please help. Thanks!

Parents
  • Um, have you tried Sandboxie 5.31.6 with Firefox 70.0.1 > portableapps.com/.../firefox_portable < in new default sandbox?

Um, what security program/s do you run?

• Thanks for the reply.

I am using sandboxie 5.31.6 (64-bit).

I haven't tried firefox 70.0.1, but prior to my post, I did try firefox portable 70.0 without changing any settings or adding any add-ons. It didn't get to the internet. When opened outside of sandboxie, firefox does connect to the internet.

The programs I am using for security are:

• malwarebytes anti-exploit
    • malwarebytes (but I think this is scanner only and not live)
    • spybot search and destroy (I think this is live)
    • windows firewall notifier (which is an add-on on top of windows 7 native firewall)

Thanks again for your help.

• r p1 said:

• windows firewall notifier (which is an add-on on top of windows 7 native firewall)

May be any / all of the above....my first guess is Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.  As I recall, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit does not have an official Sandboxie compatibility template.  As I recall, Spybot nor Windows Firewall Notifier have official compatibility template/s?

• r p1 said:

May be any / all of the above....my first guess is Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.  As I recall, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit does not have an official Sandboxie compatibility template.  As I recall, Spybot nor Windows Firewall Notifier have official compatibility template/s?

Children