Sandboxie 5.31.4 is dead

Well this morning in the early hours my windows 10 Pro upgraded to  1909 and Sandboxie will not run
It is dead
SOPHOS your company sucks, it is unquestionable despicable, you killed a product that is better that anything you had to offer
 This should put an end to this discussion group 

Bill e. Barrett
Remote Desktop Services

Parents
  • Hello Bill,

Sorry to hear your issues.

What build of Windows 10 got installed? We have been playing around with the "Release Preview" build 18363 where we see a problem but haven't been able to get Symbols from Microsoft's symbol server to help us debug it.

Once we get an official build from Microsoft, we should be able to resolve this quickly and publish a new version.

• Glad to hear you plan to upgrade it so that it will work with 1909. 

I read about Sandboxie's incompatibility with 1909 in this forum a couple of weeks ago. Due to this information I moved most of my PCs to free Comodo Internet Security. It has a sandbox that is reasonably configurable.

I used Sandboxie with the container file in a ram disk. It was more secure and it offered less wear on the SSD. Comodo Internet Security does not have this flexibility. To the good, CIS gives me no problems with Chrome where Sandboxie gave me error messages I had to suppress and, weirdly, sluggish performance on 1 PC for no apparent reason. 

I'm not sure if I will move any back after Sandboxie is fixed for 1909. I'll probably wait until it looks less like abandonware before making another time investment in it. I'm a 10 year user of Sandboxie, more or less.

• Glad to hear you plan to upgrade it so that it will work with 1909. 

I read about Sandboxie's incompatibility with 1909 in this forum a couple of weeks ago. Due to this information I moved most of my PCs to free Comodo Internet Security. It has a sandbox that is reasonably configurable.

I used Sandboxie with the container file in a ram disk. It was more secure and it offered less wear on the SSD. Comodo Internet Security does not have this flexibility. To the good, CIS gives me no problems with Chrome where Sandboxie gave me error messages I had to suppress and, weirdly, sluggish performance on 1 PC for no apparent reason. 

I'm not sure if I will move any back after Sandboxie is fixed for 1909. I'll probably wait until it looks less like abandonware before making another time investment in it. I'm a 10 year user of Sandboxie, more or less.

Children
No Data