Anyone seeing occasional OLE init / hook failed errors from sandboxie?

In Windows 8 x64 using sb 5.31.4 and the latest chrome occasionally I see this error:

SBIE2303 Could not hook CoGetObject (33, 1655)
SBIE2303 Could not hook RegisterDragDrop (33, 1655)
SBIE2318 DLL initialization failed for 'ole32.dll'

I don't know what it means. Everything appears to work normal. If I should report somewhere else please tell me where.

Parents
  • BUMP in hopes that something may be seen and fixed one day.  Also had to use Brave browser to post... wtf?

There have now been at least couple of browser updates since my last post to this thread now, but using it with Sandboxie 533.1 (64-bit) I'm STILL getting the 3 errors, as reported in the first post. Current Chrome browser Version 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Brave browser, using the exact same version, (Brave is up to date Version 1.2.43 Chromium: 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit))

is still fine in Sandboxie, along with Firefox. No pop-up code errors at all.

Since Brave is Chromium-based why does it work without showing errors and yet Chrome always gives me that pop-up?

I do not feel safe browsing the web without the protection of Sandboxie after all these years, so I'm hoping that Sophos sort this problem out asap as it's been going on for months now.

• BUMP in hopes that something may be seen and fixed one day.  Also had to use Brave browser to post... wtf?

There have now been at least couple of browser updates since my last post to this thread now, but using it with Sandboxie 533.1 (64-bit) I'm STILL getting the 3 errors, as reported in the first post. Current Chrome browser Version 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Brave browser, using the exact same version, (Brave is up to date Version 1.2.43 Chromium: 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit))

is still fine in Sandboxie, along with Firefox. No pop-up code errors at all.

Since Brave is Chromium-based why does it work without showing errors and yet Chrome always gives me that pop-up?

I do not feel safe browsing the web without the protection of Sandboxie after all these years, so I'm hoping that Sophos sort this problem out asap as it's been going on for months now.

Children