Anyone seeing occasional OLE init / hook failed errors from sandboxie?

In Windows 8 x64 using sb 5.31.4 and the latest chrome occasionally I see this error:

SBIE2303 Could not hook CoGetObject (33, 1655)
SBIE2303 Could not hook RegisterDragDrop (33, 1655)
SBIE2318 DLL initialization failed for 'ole32.dll'

I don't know what it means. Everything appears to work normal. If I should report somewhere else please tell me where.

Parents
  • I've been getting this message for the Chrome browser (79.0.3945.88 and on the previous version) lately on Win 10 64-bit using Sandboxie v5.31.6 and now with v5.33.1. 

Sandboxie works fine with Firefox and with the Brave browser. 

Chrome continues to work as far as I can see, BUT I no longer trust that it is secured with Sandboxie at the moment.

Very. Disappointed.

• 1. I have switched to the Brave browser for time being. It seems to work just fine in Sandboxie v5.31.6. and v5.33.1.

2. The Outlook 2016 seems to work just fine with Sandboxie v5.31.6 and under v5.33.1, I get authentication errors left and right.

3. For time being, I am staying with v5.31.6 and monitor the forum to see if further updates become available.

I am asking  Sophos to please clarify the support of Sandboxie going forward. There are a lot of folks here who depend on this application. Thank you.

• 1. I have switched to the Brave browser for time being. It seems to work just fine in Sandboxie v5.31.6. and v5.33.1.

2. The Outlook 2016 seems to work just fine with Sandboxie v5.31.6 and under v5.33.1, I get authentication errors left and right.

3. For time being, I am staying with v5.31.6 and monitor the forum to see if further updates become available.

I am asking  Sophos to please clarify the support of Sandboxie going forward. There are a lot of folks here who depend on this application. Thank you.

Children
No Data