How will lifetime licenses be affected by the switch to being freeware?

https://community.sophos.com/products/sandboxie/f/forum/115109/major-sandboxie-news-sandboxie-is-now-a-free-tool-with-plans-to-transition-it-to-an-open-source-tool states:

What license agreement will apply to my existing, paid licenses?  Will the same agreement apply to the unrestricted, free version that will be made available?

The license agreement under which you originally obtained the paid licenses to Sandboxie will continue to apply to those paid licenses until the expiration of the applicable license term. 

But some of the licenses are lifetime. Do they have any reason to expire?

Parents Reply Children
  • Are you saying by installing a new (freeware) version you basically got yourself expired from your original license?

• Lior W said:

Are you saying by installing a new (freeware) version you basically got yourself expired from your original license?

I suppose you can say that.  I updated - transitioned to new license model - new terms - new arrangement - new EULA -  within a week, as I recall, of being aware of new unrestricted, free Sandboxie version.

I follow Sandboxie over on Wilders Security Forums.   
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/sandboxie-acquired-by-invincea.357312/

Sorry, I don't understand your focus on License terms.
    It is what it is.  Sandboxie has had fix updates since new arrangement.  So, if you stay with what ever version you're on.  Your choice.  I have no idea what will or has happened to those that do not transition.  

I imagine you can wait for comment from SOPHOS.   

I'm happy (read VERY HAPPY) Sandboxie still works, for me. 

Maybe, post your concern/s - queries over on Wilders.  Maybe, user/s on Wilders can help you understand - accept transition - new arrangement.   

Sorry, maybe ...you just want verbiage clarification.  

Lifetime License as you know is not your lifetime.  Users do not own software.  Users pay for license to use software. 
    Sandboxie had restricted free version & unrestricted fee version.

Now, Sandboxie has unrestricted free version. 

Cheers

• I asked this just to try to to understand Sophos' aforementioned statement.

Why should Wilders' forum have more answers than the official forum?

• Lior W said:

Why should Wilders' forum have more answers than the official forum?

Because most long time loyal Sandboxie users contribute over on Wilders....not here.  

I'll follow your Topic and watch for SOPHOS comment regarding your query. 

Thanks