We'd love to hear about it! Click here to go to the product suggestion community
Although this is an intermittent problem, I keep getting the below error message when Thunderbird is run Sandboxed. I do not have a problem when Thunderbird is outside the sandbox, but then it opens Chrome outside of a sandbox. I had this problem with Sandboxie 5.28 (but not 5.26) & it went away with Sandboxie 5.30 (which brought other problems).
Additional: I just logged out of my Windows profile & back in. It's working again, but this problem seems to pop up intermittently. Maybe the developers can see why this & sbie error messages come up intermittently with Windows 10, version 1903.
That message typically comes up when your default browser (in Windows) is not supported by Sandboxie, or the link is trying to open a Windows metro related app (https://www.sandboxie.com/KnownConflicts#Windows%2010). For example, say Edge is set as default as the browser, you will receive that message as Sandboxie doesn't work with it.
Try this:Set your Windows 10 browser to either Internet Explorer (just for testing purposes) or Chrome. Delete the contents of your Sandbox and re-test.
If you want non-sandboxed Thunderbird to launch Chrome Sandboxed, you need to use force programs (this will only work if you still have a valid license):https://www.sandboxie.com/ProgramStartSettings#program
In reply to Barb@Sophos:
Thank you for the reply. Chrome is my default browser & normally I don't get that error message. That's why I'm confused that I get the message sometimes. This morning, when I clicked the link "view online" that was in the email that Sandboxie sends for your reply, I had no error message. It only happens sometimes.
I took a look at forced programs & forced folders in Sandboxie & this is what I have:
So it seems I have correct settings. I don't know if you can reproduce this problem, especially since it's intermittent.
In reply to Phil Rabichow:
Please, keep us posted and let us know once you have repro steps, so I can give it a try. Perhaps you were opening links for MS store, or similar metro apps? If you have any of the links that triggered the message, please let us know (and also try them on your system to verify functionality).
Well, it just happened again. This was the error message:
SBIE2101 Object name not found: , error ConnectPort (C0000022) access=001F0000 initialized=1SBIE2101 Object name not found: , error ConnectPort (C0000022) access=001F0000 initialized=1SBIE2101 Object name not found: , error ConnectPort (C0000022) access=001F0000 initialized=1
Here were the steps:
1. The sandbox was empty & neither Thunderbird nor Chrome were running.
2. I launched Thunderbird (Sandboxed).
3 I received an email in my gmail account.
4. I clicked on a link in the email. (It's a banking account, so I can't post the link.)
5. A sandboxed Chrome opened, but I got the error message I showed above, & then the link opened.
That message is different than the one you posted at the beginning of this thread.
For that one, if applicable remove your browser extensions and re-test.
Another option, if functionality is not affected (meaning other than the message, things do work), is to choose the "hide" button, instead of closing it. That way, it will not popup again.
Let us know how it goes.
Thanks for the reply, Barb. I can hide it, I suppose, since it didn't seem to affect anything. As far as removing my browser extensions, I have a whole bunch & some I use all the time. But there is one, called uBlock Origin, which is supposed to protect against malicious sites, which has given me some download problems before. If this happens again, I'll try disabling it & then trying again. I'll let you know.