[SOLVED]Activation Failed - Fixed as of May 13th - Please provide feedback

UPDATE: THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN SOLVED - PLEASE RE TRY ACTIVATING SANDBOXIE NORMALLY.
LET US KNOW IF YOU ENCOUNTER ANY NEW ISSUES WITH ACTIVATIONS.

All,

If you are experiencing issues activating Sandboxie, please be sure of the following:

1 - You are using Sandboxie 5.30
2- TLS 1.1/2 is not turned off (click on start type inetcpl.cpl --> Go to the Advanced tab and ensure Use TLS is checked) 

If the problems persist, please provide the following information in this thread:

1- Sandboxie version

2 - Screenshot of the error message

3 - Screenshot of TLS settings as covered above

4 - Windows update status (is it up to date, if so what version? )

Also, please let us know if the Offline Activation works for you:

Offline activation  --> please use this link, as the one in the offline activations steps will fail
Offline activation steps

Thank you!

Parents
  • Hi we have a sandboxie lic for 5.18 it is prompting to activate  and online fails. I dont have product key to activate offline. . I am not sure under what email it was purchased i looked in cleverbridge with all possible emails and it did not return purchases.

I thought I could do offline activation. we have a temperamental app and dont want to update to 5.30 and hoping i can just activate what we have but in order to run offline activator I need a product key which i dont have.
    Can you get me a way to get 5.18 activated? what happens if activation fails.

I dm'd barb system code
  • carlos flores said:

Hi we have a sandboxie lic for 5.18 it is prompting to activate  and online fails. I dont have product key to activate offline. . I am not sure under what email it was purchased i looked in cleverbridge with all possible emails and it did not return purchases.

I thought I could do offline activation. we have a temperamental app and dont want to update to 5.30 and hoping i can just activate what we have but in order to run offline activator I need a product key which i dont have.
    Can you get me a way to get 5.18 activated? what happens if activation fails.

I dm'd barb system code

Major Sandboxie News: Sandboxie is now a free tool with plans to transition it to an open source tool
    Sophos is excited to announce that we are making Sandboxie a free tool, with plans to transition it to an open source tool.

community.sophos.com/.../major-sandboxie-news-sandboxie-is-now-a-free-tool-with-plans-to-transition-it-to-an-open-source-tool

Reply Children
  • Hi Bj yes I am aware of that. The issue I have is we have a tempermental environment and I am not sure how going from 5.18 to 5.3 will impact it . Activation is set to fail in 4 days. do you know what happens if activation fails? We will move to 5.3 asap but need more than 4 days to see what the effects are. that is why we are hoping to activate 5.18 in the interim

• carlos flores said:

Hi Bj yes I am aware of that. The issue I have is we have a temperamental environment and I am not sure how going from 5.18 to 5.3 will impact it . Activation is set to fail in 4 days. do you know what happens if activation fails? We will move to 5.3 asap but need more than 4 days to see what the effects are. that is why we are hoping to activate 5.18 in the interim

Well, then....hopefully support@sophos.com will help.

Q. I lost my Product Key. Can you resend it to me?

A. Please search your mailbox for your receipt for payment, which includes your Product Key. If you cannot find the receipt, and this is the first time that you lose your Product Key, you can send an email to request that your Product Key be sent to you. (But see also the next question). However, if this is not the first time that you lose your Product Key, then please consider paying for a new license.

Q. When sending the email to ask for my Product Key, which email address should I use?

A. Your email address is used to confirm your identity, so be sure to email from the same email address you used when you placed the order. Without confirmation of your identity through the use of the correct email address, the Product Key cannot be sent to you.

www.sandboxie.com/FAQ_Licensing