[SOLVED]Activation Failed - Fixed as of May 13th - Please provide feedback

UPDATE: THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN SOLVED - PLEASE RE TRY ACTIVATING SANDBOXIE NORMALLY.
LET US KNOW IF YOU ENCOUNTER ANY NEW ISSUES WITH ACTIVATIONS.

All,

If you are experiencing issues activating Sandboxie, please be sure of the following:

1 - You are using Sandboxie 5.30
2- TLS 1.1/2 is not turned off (click on start type inetcpl.cpl --> Go to the Advanced tab and ensure Use TLS is checked) 

If the problems persist, please provide the following information in this thread:

1- Sandboxie version

2 - Screenshot of the error message

3 - Screenshot of TLS settings as covered above

4 - Windows update status (is it up to date, if so what version? )

Also, please let us know if the Offline Activation works for you:

Offline activation  --> please use this link, as the one in the offline activations steps will fail
Offline activation steps

Thank you!

Parents
  • All,

I wanted to thank everybody for the detailed information and screenshots. 
    I have shared all of this with product management, dev and website teams.  And I am sharing real-time updates as users post them in the forums (thank you all again for your help!).

The activation problem was happening regardless of Sandboxie version, as it is not an issue with the program but with the server itself. The activation problems are now fixed, please re-try activating normally.  

If you really want to use a non-supported version of Sandboxie (anything other than 5.30), then please follow these steps:

Click Help --> Check for Updates
    Choose "Next week"
    Do not choose "Never".

Choosing "never" will get you in that endless update popup loop.
    This issue is not program related, so previous versions will fail to activate as well as trigger the endless loop,  thus we recommend to use version 5.30 (which takes care of the endless loop issue, in case you do want to choose "never").  

I'll post an update as soon as it becomes available. 
    Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Barb@Sophos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• All,

I wanted to thank everybody for the detailed information and screenshots. 
    I have shared all of this with product management, dev and website teams.  And I am sharing real-time updates as users post them in the forums (thank you all again for your help!).

The activation problem was happening regardless of Sandboxie version, as it is not an issue with the program but with the server itself. The activation problems are now fixed, please re-try activating normally.  

If you really want to use a non-supported version of Sandboxie (anything other than 5.30), then please follow these steps:

Click Help --> Check for Updates
    Choose "Next week"
    Do not choose "Never".

Choosing "never" will get you in that endless update popup loop.
    This issue is not program related, so previous versions will fail to activate as well as trigger the endless loop,  thus we recommend to use version 5.30 (which takes care of the endless loop issue, in case you do want to choose "never").  

I'll post an update as soon as it becomes available. 
    Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Barb@Sophos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

Children