This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Safeguard 8.1?

We recently purchased Sophos Central and Safeguard for full disk encryption. Looking at the Safeguard requirements for the server component, Server 2016 is currently not supported in 8.0 but I saw a reference back in September that 8.1 was coming soon, with support.

Ideally, I'd like to get us started on a 2016 box, is there any current timetable as to when 8.1 will be available?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • All of the important business that the clients need is stored in the SQL database, and the SGN server's IIS, etc., is just the management and client window into the SQL db.

I did this a little while back and it was pretty straightforward. Short version is you follow the process for setting up a new server but instead of generating new keys and certificates you import the ones from the old server, push out new client config MSI packages pointed at the new server, and done.

There is no reason you can't set up your new SGN with the old one still running to be sure you have everything right when you start pushing out the new client config MSI that points to the new SGN server which is pointed at the same SQL database.

You won't have to decrypt the clients.

Children
No Data