This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to disable Decryption during OSD Deployment

I'm looking for a way to disable Encryption during an SCCM Deployed OSD Task Sequence.  

We are wiping our Windows 7 workstations and installing Windows 10 as an upgrade project.  Currently for laptops with Sohos safeguard 5.6 and 7 installed we have to trigger the decryption, then wait till the decryption is done before re imaging the machine.  I did find this post on how to decrypt during OSD:

https://community.sophos.com/products/safeguard-encryption/f/sophos-safeguard-products/2105/safeguard-easy-4-30-and-osd-in-sccm

But this is several years old.  Are there more current instructions?  Updated tools?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Kel, 

If you are wiping the Win 7 machine clean and installing Win 10, the easiest and quickest way is to format the drive and install Win 10. Formatting the drive will wipe Safeguard from the machine eliminating the decryption process. 

Let me know if this helps resolve your query. 

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• That works when booting to PXE, or using a bootable USB but I'm asking about deploying through SCCM.  It's not as simple when deploying through SCCM you have to disable the encryption before formatting because you're running WinPE from an encrypted partition.

The solution I linked to works, I was just looking for an update since the solution is 6 years old and uses outdated Microsoft applications.