This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SafeGuard Enterprise Client Hotfix Rollup 8.00.4

Hello Everyone,

Today we have released a Client Hotfix Rollup package which upgrades the standard SGN 8.0 Windows Client to version 8.00.4. 

This Client Hotfix Rollup Patch fixes several issues in SafeGuard Enterprise Client 8.0:

• SafeGuard file filter driver issues resulting in BSOD or error messages when files are written.
  • SafeGuard Outlook add-in issues.
  • SafeGuard service crashes, local cache corruptions or service loading issues.
  • SafeGuard credential provider issues. For example, issues that affect users changing passwords or entering a PIN.

In addition, it improves the SafeGuard BitLocker management.

Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)

SafeGuard Client version 8.00.0.251 (Windows)

Release information

The Hotfix Rollup comes in the form of a Windows Installer Minor Upgrade Patch and updates the version number of the Sophos SafeGuard Client, that is displayed in Apps & features / Programs and Features to 8.00.4.8.

Please refer to the article SafeGuard Enterprise Client Hotfix Rollup version 8.00.4.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Far from impressed with this Haridoss. 

In my testing the console does NOT show the correct client version - it still reports 8.00.0.251 and even on the client it's mismatched. About Client produces the popup 8.00.0.251 yet in Add/Remove shows 8.00.4.8.

How the hell are we meant to know what's been patched and what hasn't been on an enterprise level?

Really annoyed by this. Patch crashed my machine too, so I'm not even confident about asking users to install it - especially if I've no confirmation if they have or have not on the console?!

• Hi Michael, 

It is expected that the about box and the info in the console are not updated (this is a hotfix rollup and not a full new client). Actually, we explicitly state in the description that the version # is updated in programs and features / add remove programs (which works fine as we can see in the screenshot).

The only thing which should of course not happen is that the system crashes after/during installation but that´s something you have to create a ticket with a proper description and logs (we have not seen or heard of any sort of crash yet).

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Thanks for the reply but that simply doesn't make sense. If this was the case why do you bother changing the version number in the client for Add/Remove?

It's simply not enterprise suitable to roll this manual update out and expect each and every user to report back if the upgrade has been applied/successful?

I have logged a call for the crashing (crashed RDP and Explorer) but to be honest I've only applied it on one PC so far, but have just raised this with a colleague of yours.

• Does the new build number show in the Safeguard Management Center so you can keep track of machines that have been patched?

if not for the next patch you need a better way to report on this and ensure clients are up to date.

Also is there a KB to get details for

DPSGN-10120 Numerous Smartcard/Token logon related issues
  • Does the new build number show in the Safeguard Management Center so you can keep track of machines that have been patched?

if not for the next patch you need a better way to report on this and ensure clients are up to date.

Also is there a KB to get details for

DPSGN-10120 Numerous Smartcard/Token logon related issues
Children
No Data