This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Getting login error when trying to log into management console the 1st time

I have 2 users that are getting errors when they are trying to log onto the management console for the 1st time. The first 2 users had no issues at all. One error is "The certificate for the requested officer could not be found or the private key is not accessible. Would you like to import the certificate now?" The second error is about the database which the information is correct (3rd picture).

I need them to have access to the console so they have the ability to delete workstations since we are re-imaging our Win 7 machines and upgrading to Win 10. I was advised that the old machine name which is listed for the Win 7 should be removed prior to re-imaging the machine as we are keeping the same machine names. I was informed that if we didn't delete the machines prior, that Safeguard could potentially still keep the old key.

Then if we say Yes which is not what we want to do, we get this.

Other user error:

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Cathy, 

The first two screenshots say that the login profile is looking for the valid certificate. Every profile will look for a valid certificate to authorize during the login. All you need to do is to choose the certificate (Which would have been created while you were creating this profile) and enter the certificate store password that you have set up during the initial configuration.

The third screenshot is because the profile logged in doesn't have required rights to access the SGN Database. Please ensure the login profile has  Read/Write access to the SGN Database (DBOwner should also do).

Please refer to the article SafeGuard Enterprise administrator help

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Cathy, 

The first two screenshots say that the login profile is looking for the valid certificate. Every profile will look for a valid certificate to authorize during the login. All you need to do is to choose the certificate (Which would have been created while you were creating this profile) and enter the certificate store password that you have set up during the initial configuration.

The third screenshot is because the profile logged in doesn't have required rights to access the SGN Database. Please ensure the login profile has  Read/Write access to the SGN Database (DBOwner should also do).

Please refer to the article SafeGuard Enterprise administrator help

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

Children
No Data