This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Tried to upgrade server configuration from v6 to v7 and now getting "db auth failure" and clients can't connect.

I was getting ready to upgrade from v7 to v8 and realized the server I inherited still had the v6 server configuration package installed on Server 2008.  Since the management console was on v7 I went in there to the "Configuration Package Tool" and created a new server package.  I ran the MSI and was asked if I wanted to upgrade the installed server configuration and said "yes".  Now the communication from clients to the server is broken.  I'm getting a "DB Auth Failure" when I invoke a test.  I'm looking at the info outlined below but it's a little confusing.

https://sophserv.sophos.com/repo_kb/109662/file/109662%20Analyzing%20Client%20Server%20communication.pdf

- Yes I have a server configuration package installed on the server.

- My import folder is empty.  Now what?  These directions don't seem to address this. 

- I was told by support this guide is still relevant but on v7 of the management console I have no tab for "Register Server".

Should I remove my existing server from the "Configuration Package Tool" and re-add it by selecting our cert and then create the config package?  It seems like maybe this is the solution but I don't want to make this situation any worse.  

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data