This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Encryption error on DELL XPS 13 9360

Hello.

I'm encountering a problem, while trying to encryp Dell XPS 13 9360 with Sophos. I get to the part where I set my PIN, but after restart Bitlocker doesn't ask me for it, and when I log to my PC I get a TPM error:

Unable to obtain encryption key with bitlocker function. 
Check if the tpm module is enabled and if it is owned. 
If this computer does not have a tpm module, 
check that the USB drive is inserted and accessible.

I tried to allow it in gpedit.msc, but I still get the same message. If I use Bitlocker without installing Sophos first, it works just fine. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Michal,

It looks like the issue is with the TPM. I guess the TPM chip is not functioning properly. Please try the following :

1. Turn off the TPM

2. Reset it from BIOS ( Go to BIOS, clear the TPM chip)

3. Turn it back on 

4. Start BitLocker Manually

Let me know if this helps resolve your query.  

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Thank you for your answear, but we menaged to solve our problem by restoring system to factory setting and instaling Sophos right after we added our notebook to domain, before installing anything else. Still no idea what caused our problem, but at least it works now like it should.

Still, thank you for showing interest. 

• Thank you for your answear, but we menaged to solve our problem by restoring system to factory setting and instaling Sophos right after we added our notebook to domain, before installing anything else. Still no idea what caused our problem, but at least it works now like it should.

Still, thank you for showing interest. 

Children