This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SDE upgrade to SGN

We have the old Sophos Enterprise Console (5.3.1) and are now going to migrate over to the SafeGuard Enterprise so that we will be able to encrypt our computers drives.

What I was wondering was, is it possible to run both the SGN Management Centre and the older Sophos Enterprise Console on the same server or would it cause a clash?

A follow up question if the answer to the above is no would be that if we upgrade to the latest Enterprise Console would that then work on the same server as the SGN Management Centre? 

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello _J_R_,

last question first: Before upgrading SEC you'd have to remove Encryption (SDE) so this is not an option.
    AFAIK you can migrate the SDE 5.61 endpoints only to SGN 6.10, the upgrade guide mentioned in the article states  If you have the SEC management server with encryption installed on this server, install SafeGuard Enterprise on a different server. Sounds like it's not recommended to have them on the same server. Please note that SGN 6.x is a legacy version and does not support Windows 10 and you'll likely have to upgrade the backend in the near future.

Christian

• I read that bit about installing SGN on a different server. I just wanted to see if someone knew if this was a dealbreaker or just more of a recommendation to cover themselves.

Yup looks like migrating the SDE 5.61 to SGN 6.10 would be the way to go.

Thanks for the info Christian!

• Just found this in the KB. So yes, definitely can't put them on the same server with the current Sophos Enterprise console having the encryption element on it.

But should be fine once I have upgraded it.

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/121609