This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to lock a stolen or lost computer? uncle

Using Sophos Safeguard Version 7.xxx

I'm new to this forum and managing Sophos...I have searched the forums and documentation on how to lock a lost or stolen laptop. I have seen different methods; but all seem to lock out the current owner. How do I lock the hard drive and prevent anyone from login into the machine? I know it needs internet connectivity to receive the lock down signal. I want to make sure I'm doing it the proper way  once it has connected to the internet it locks down. 

Things I have tried going to the user and blocking them and removing them as owner, also tried setting up a policy but the documentation and forum post didn't go into details on how to apply it to a specific machine!

Thanks in advance! 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hi Francisco,

Can you elaborate on exactly what you're trying to do? if the machine is lost/stolen nobody will be able to login without user credentials. They also won't be able to slave the drive to another machine as it will be encrypted. What exactly is the concern, are you thinking about a user who has left with their own machine?

• Thank you Toby

Okay, that answered my question since the user lost their machine at the airport. How about a former employee that has left with their machine? In case that happens to be the next issue that arises. 

Reply Children
No Data